Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had flu, started with sore back. On IV. Is a flu shot recommended?

my husband is getting over the flu and he got it really bad. now my 6 year old is saying she has a sore back. i am very worried now because my husbands flu started with a sore back. i took him to the hospital and he was put on the iv and went through 2 bags. what should i do for my daughter, she hasnt got the flu shot yet and will be getting it tomorrow. will the flu shot help at all??
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
No the flue shot may not help her at this stage. But there is no need to worry as the flue is generally transient. All it takes is some rest and plenty of water. Its unfortunate that your husband had to take IV fluids which is not generally normal.
Wait for her to develop an illness and if needed give her acetaminophen which can take care of her.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Tue, 22 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor