Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Had emergency surgery to remove pus pocket in left temporal lobe causing ear infection. Had small hole in MP. Is it common, concerned about right ear?

I was curious about the mastoid process of the ear. 12 weeks ago I had emergency surgery to remove a puss pocket in my left temporal lobe that was caused by an ear infection . According to the Neuro surgeon there were some small holes in the MP that allowed the abscess to enter my brain. He did some internal covering of the holes to prevent this in the future. Is this a common thing? Should I be concerned about my right ear? I am a 43 yr old male who have never had an ear infection before.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it is very common
the procedure is okay and dont have to worry for
ears but still get your ears checked regularly after intervals
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor