Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Growth around the anus with blood in stool. Itching with pain. Cancer?

I noticed a growth around my anus 5 days ago after visiting the toilet,my poop was very hard and blood came out,den I noticed d growth like 10mins later,dis is not d 1st time I l be experiencing dis,its like. My 4th time but the growth dissappears after a while on its own,it wasn t painful b4 buh its a little painful now & itches me,pls am scared,hope its not cancer den I urinate a lot,thanx
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query.

Anal swellings or lumps are usually one of the following:
1. haemorrhoid (pile) - a swollen blood vessel that can hang outside the anus
2. skin tag - a harmless growth that hangs off the skin and looks a bit like a wart abscess - a painful collection of pus
4.a rectal prolapse - where part of the rectum (the end of the bowel) sticks out of the anus
5.genital warts - small, fleshy growths caused by a sexually transmitted infection (STI)

going by your symptoms it seems to be a hemorrhoid which is a swollen blood vessel which hangs out.these are generally caused by proonged constipation.
symptoms may include:
-bleeding after passing a stool (the blood will be bright red)
- pile may move down, outside of the anus (prolapse) and may need to be pushed back after passing a stool
-itchiness around the anus


1.Making lifestyle changes to keep your stools soft
2.Eating wholegrain bread and cereal and fruit and vegetables will increase fibre in your diet
3.drink plenty of water.
4. banding is a procedure where a very tight elastic band is put around the base of the haemorrhoid to cut off its blood supply. The haemorrhoid should fall off within seven days.
5.Surgery is also sometimes recommended to treat large haemorrhoids.

if you are still worried you can consult your surgeon for further evaluation.
thank you,
wishing you good health
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor