Since your only fourteen and just stepping into puberty
, the acne is caused by hormones. Acne can only be controlled, never cured. I myself have had severe acne
. The thing with acne is that its an everyday battle. Don't expect any miracles. And there is no permanent cure. After you stop the tablets, it may recur after few months or a year.
Here are few tips which worked for me.
1. Apply the cream (retinol
derivatives) like retino-a gel regularly every night without fail. Do not stop it even if your acne is completely reduced. This is what prevents new acne from erupting.
2. Never ever touch the acne, or pop them. It will spread and make it that much difficult to treat. I know its difficult and there is a tendency to always touch the face.
3. Keep your skin clean and dry. Wash with medicated face wash as suggested by your dermatologist
4. Fresh fruits, veggies, lots of water and good sleep, and also a good workout. All these do help your skin.
5. Acne treatment is slow. And if you want long lasting results you must be patient and follow the instructions given by your dermatologist.
6. Don't worry, your acne will most probably reduce as you grow older.
7. If you feel azithromycin
is not working for you, consult your dermatologist. The main stay for controlling acne is the retinoic acid
derived creams and gels, and also how well yu take care of your skin. Tablets only help speed up the process
8. There are treatments for scars
, but those have to wait until all your acne is reduced. And scarring is caused by popping the acne. S leave the acne alone, and scarring will be significantly.
Take care, be patient and take good care of your skin.