Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Getting stomach pain and feeling tired. Sonogram showed enlarged spleen. Proper diagnosis?

Hi. I ve went to the doctor the past few months because I have an enlarged spleen . They ran a sonogram on my stomach and did some other tests and everything came back normal except my sonogram that showed I had an enlarged spleen. I went back 2 weeks later for another sonogram and it was 2 cm larger. I went to a blood and cancer specialist and she didn t act like it was anything bad, but I m always tired, my stomach hurts everyday and I swear my spleen is getting bigger everyday. I have another app in 4 weeks but idk if I can take feeling like this for that long.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I honestly think think a detailed evaluation should be done to know exactly why your spleen is getting bigger and why you are getting more and more tired. Blood tests should be run I suppose to know if you are anemic or not, bone marrow tests if necessary. I think a hemtologist and internist are better placed to evaluate why your spleen is getting bigger. Having a hematologic/internist consultation is actually worthwhile. You might suggest this to your treating physician.
Thanks and best ragards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. Sheeba Stephen's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

An enlarged spleen, especially when the enlargement is progressive, definitely needs further evaluation. There can be numerous causes for an enlarged spleen and a diagnosis should be arrived based on the patient's symptoms, clinical findings and test reports.

I would suggest that you discuss the further management plan with your doctor. If necessary, you may need a detailed blood work up and other imaging tests.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor