Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Fractured and dislocated ribs. Pain persists while exercising. Need to see a thoracic surgeon?

Hi Dr. Agarwal, I m Eli. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. On 10/16 I suffered a fractured and dislocated rib while practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitusu. Front, right side, two down from my sternum. The pain has gone away for the most part but it is still sticking out where the rib meets the cartilage and I still experience pain if I lay on it or exercise strenuously. My question is what should I do now that it s not returning to it s original place? Should I see a thorasic surgeon or try a chiropractor? Both have been recommended. The third alternative is to do nothing and I m not as excited about that. Thank you for your help! -Eli
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank traumatic arthritis may develop at the costochondral junction. the pain may take few times to resolve. avoid strenuous exercise. you may take simple analgesic like paracetamol for the pain. if not responding then consult a orthopedic specialist.
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor