Forehead above left eye looks damaged,not flat,romberg disease

i have problem on forehead above left eye my forehead is not flat it looks like damage i consulted my family doctor so he told me its romberg diease which needs cosmetic surgery like fat graffting so please can you tell me excactly which treatment & cost of the same
Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
It is important to know the course of your disease since it is best to consider surgery after the disease process has burned itself out otherwise the results might not be appreciable in the long term. The treatment of Romberg's disease varies but the general method is filling in of the atrophic tissues. Depending on the area involved, a variety of materials can be used. It is generally not advisable to use fillers for a large area because of their cost and the need for refilling a couple of times. The best material is either fat grafting or a dermofat graft. There is a degree of absorption in the long run which can be quite unpredictable so that revisions can be needed and because of which the area is overfilled in the initial stage. Ultimately, however, the fat or dermofat graft that tends to stay stays for a long duration of time and gives appreciable results.
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear pradeep..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Damage of forehead on left eye...,
due to Romberg disease...as U say...
A syndrome characterized by slowly progressive unilateral atrophy..,
of facial subcutaneous fat, muscle tissue, skin, cartilage, and bone....,
The condition typically progresses over a period of 2-10 years and then stabilizes...,
One-sided facial atrophy
Unilateral sunken eye
Unilateral sunken cheek.,Pain
Migraine-like headaches
Trigeminal neuralgia
Seizures - starting in the opposite side of the body..,
Complications and sequelae of Parry Romberg Syndrome from the Diseases Database include:
Fits.,Poliosis.,Facies abnormality.,Enophthalmos..,Headache.,Alopecia.,Hyperpigmentation...,
Good Treatment is available .....
1) Symptomatic and supportive
2) Microvascular surgery
3) Reconstructive surgery
4) Muscle grafts
5) Bone grafts
6) Reconstructive or microvascular surgery, fat cell injection, silicone implantation, muscle grafts, bone grafts ..,
So consult good plastic surgeon....thanQ
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. M M Gupta's  Response
Dear,

Romberg disease is progressive condition and it involves one side of soft tissues of the face, bony involvement is rare. It causes atrophy of involved side. Treatment options include implant, fatgrafting or other fillers. Please send me your closeup photos for more information.