Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Indentations in forehead, please suggest

I have recently noticed a few indentations in my skull along my forehead which never used to be there (I am 27 years old). The largest one starts at my hairline and runs down to my right eye and is less than a cm wide. I noticed recently because when I scratched my forhead I felt it and this touching also caused a headache. Also, I have been getting lots of headaches lately that are concentrated around the front of my head. What is this and do I need to go to the doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  3010
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic
it is very unusual to develop indentations on fore head
with indentations and head ache you should immediately consult physician/neurologist and get yourself checked up and get the investigations done as suggested by doctor to reach a diagnosis
sooner you consult doctor is better
hope you be all right soon
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

You require a thorough examination by an apt physician, this may or may not be the cause of your headache, but a consultation with your doctor can stop you from worrying.


Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Amber, Welcome to HealthcareMagic!
You have not described indentations fully or other signs but it seems you are suffering from PARRY-ROMBERG SYNDROME [hemifacial atrophy], or morphea or some autoimmune disease. For a proper diagnosis, please consult a RHEUMATOLOGIST, in consultation with a Dermatologist. These diseases may require multimodality treatments, and are rare problems. Please let me know your location so that a proper referral centre is recommended for treatment.
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor