• question-icon

Foot pain due to nerve injury, do not want to take medication. Can you help?

I had a nerve injury to my foot done by accident by a surgeon in dec of 2009. Since then, I have been on Norco, Percocet , and Valium as well as something to sleep. I have had nerve graft surgery which was my 6th surgery on the foot and heading into the 7th surgery for the toes because they have retreated backwards. I think I take too much Norco (about 5-6/day 10/325) and Percocet (about 3/day 10/325); the Percocets have been for the last several months and the Norco for 2 years. I have decided to get off of all of it and I need to know how on my own without rehab . I still have pain in the foot, but I hate the meds and how they alter my personality, my energy level and just knowing that I take meds. Can you help me?
Mon, 15 Sep 2014
Dear user,

very sorry to hear about your injury. You have to keep in mind that chronic neuropathic pain is very hard to control, something i think you know by now. its very important that you keep on working with your rehab, getting off your medication by your own completely might have negative consequences on your situation, talk it through with your doctor to lower the doses or change to milder form until you feel better without them. legs messages might help but without proper pain medications and rehab your injury might not get better as fast as you wish. i hope this advice helped you and please get better soon.

best regards,
Dr. Nazzal