Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Fluctuating hemoglobin, advised bone marrow. Any other treatment option?

Hello Odc, i need suggest, one of my sister has problem with hemoclobin in blood from last 4 yrs.however some times it rise up or at times go done , now the doc suggested Bone Marrow . I just wanted to know is there any other best treatment or test which can be perfrom or please make me understand in which circumstance docter suggest bone marrow ..what would be docter assumption
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
if her hemoglobin is less than 10 gr ...simple baseline tests should be done first like
- check for any abnormal blood loss
- coplete blood picture
- pcv,mcv,mch,mchc,serum iron studies,serum B12

if something wrong in these tests ,then further investigations needed
directly one should not go for bone marrow biopsy
Answered: Mon, 14 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor