Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Fever, pus cells in urine, advice

Hi , my baby is 10 months old. He just had fever and did a urine and blood culture tests. We found out that he had 4-6 pus cells in his urine but no significant growth. Even his blood test appears normal. But this is the second time we found pus cells and i m a bit worried if this is normal or we need to consult a doctor. We even did an echo and no abnormalities found. But why the presence of pus cells. Please advise. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  660
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
A few pus cells can be normally found in the urine. We need to correlate clinical and relevant investigations before making a diagnosis. I think you mean abdominal ultrasound. Echo is done to detect heart problems.If all other tests are normal, your child does not have any symptom and your doctor tells you there is no problem you can stop worrying.
Answered: Sun, 20 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor