Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Fell down, puntured wound on shin on right leg, got bump. What should i do to make it go away?

In 2002 I fell down eight flights of bleachers. Did not notice until two weeks later that I had a puncture wound on my shin on my right leg. I noticed this when I woke up one morning and couldnt step down on that leg. I went to the ER, they did Xrays, they said it didnt hurt the bone at all. I was put on 8 weeks of antibiotics. This has never completely healed. I have a large bump on my shin about the size of an orange on my shin that stays open and seeping fluid. When I take it up with my primary doctor, he says it will eventually heal.
I feel it should have healed by now, for heaven sakes. It worries me and I dont know if there is anything that I could do to make it go away.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, this looks like a picture of chronic osteomyelitis. X ray at two ekes generally don't show osteomyelitis but right now if you do a x ray the picture will be clear. Thank you
Answered: Sun, 14 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor