Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Fell down from stairs. Had bump on forehead. Reduced after putting ice. Sleeping fine. Eyelids bruised, swollen. See a doctor?

My daughter fell over our stair gate right onto the hardwood floor and now 8 hours later (after we have been waking her up to check her) we noticed her eyelid is bruised and swollen. She is sleeping fine. is this something i should call our pediatrician about? She had a huge goose egg on her forehead when it happened. Its gone down a little because of ice.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is indeed unfortunate for your daughter to have had a fall and an injury. It looks like she has developed a hematoma as a result of the fall ( hematoma is due to accumalation of blood clot due to rupture of a tiny blood vessel in the skin/subcutaneous tissue). It usually subsides within 1-2 weeks gradually, sometimes changing color from dark purple to greenish before it completely disappears. You can continue with the ice packs for 24-48 hours. If she is in good health otherwise then you may just keep an eye on the bruise. Look out for any signs of loss of consciousness, convulsions as is advised following any head injury within 24 hours. If she is fine in these 24 hours ( performing all the routine chores) then she should be absolutely fine.


Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor