Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Feeling to urinate frequently. Happens on not eating or drinking properly. Reason?

Im 20 years old.From past one week iam having a prob while urinating. iam feeling like to urinate frequently.n after urinating iam feeling like i have not completly urinated.and in next 5 min i feel like again going to bathroom. why is this doctor.but this prob happens only if i did not eat well or drink water.aftr havg food and enough water i dont feel any sickness..again during night i dont drink water or eat food then next mornig this prob again happens.i have not gone to a doctor yet.please help me out doctor to knw why this is happening with me.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you could have a urinary tract infection which causes increased frequency of urination. this is the most frequent cause. Keep yourself well hydrated, drink lots of water-at least 3 liters per day. that will prevent the organisms from accumulating in the bladder and will flush them out. Drink cranberry juice if available. If you do not find any relief in few days, if you develop fever/pain in the abdomen, kindly consult a physician immediately and get the urine tested.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. S. Jegadeesan's  Response
You are 20/M c/o frequency of micturition for the last 1 wk. after passing urine you feel as though some urine is left behind in the bladder. You say that this problem is more if you don't eat well or drink enough water.
Even though you have not mentioned burning urine, this is common with Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Moreover you clearly say that if you don't drink enough water you have this problem. The problem may be anywhere in the urinary tract but common in CYSTITIS (inflammation of Bladder)
Investigations and Treatment:
Whatever may be the cause - Take plenty of water + urine alkaliser + mild diuretics.
1) a complete urine analysis including culture sensitivity - treat accordingly
2) if the above reports are normal, you need a cystoscope + USG + micturiting cysto urethrogram
( not all - but only step by step)
Consult a urologist - Treat if there is any problem. You will be totally alright
Best wishes
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor