Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Feeling of throat obstruction, painful. Had salivary gland removed. CT scan normal. Will hydoid bone removal solve the problem?

Hi I am 53 years old about 4 years ago my neck started bothering me on my left side.....went to ent docters and he removed my salvatory gland last year said it was twisted infected and bonefragments in it....felt great for about 3 its starting again...feel like i have a finger stuck at my throat now its starting to hurt....he put numb stuff inject my neck last month...and it didnt hurt but still felt like someone had there finger stuck on side of my at my wits end with this feeling now its starting to hurt....i had ct scans and other test that all came out ok....he is going to inject steriods in a weeks....he thinks its my hyoid bone think i need to see another removing part of the hyoid bone sticking in me...will that you think end the problem
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
YOU have a throat irritation which Is chronic.
You need to take antireflux medicine.
You should see whether you snore or not, if Yes then you may require treatment forsnoring.
Reflux is a major cause for chronic throat irritation and needs to be treated.
Take food ie eat something every 2hrly.avoid smoking,alcohol. Avoid oily and spicy food.
in doubt do reply.
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor