Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Fatty liver issues, suspected HCC. Advised liver transplant. Will ayurvedic treatment be effective?

I am 72yrs old with fatty liver , now my AFP jumped to 70 and doctors suspect early HCC ? Advised liver transplant!!! As i know from FDA website that but off mark level for hcc is AFP level 200 and tumor size 2cm which is not achieved in my case ! Should i go for ayurvedic herbs like picrjah or kutki
Tue, 25 Mar 2014
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
herbals won't do anything to this questionable HCC. just because your AFP went up doesnt mean you have cancer although it is suspicious particularly if it was normal in the recent past.
you need a good MRI of the liver and / or CT of the liver.
there are certain criteria for liver transplant, you should go to a transplant center and get their opinion after reviewing your images and labs
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had my first c section delivery in July 2012 and them the second c sec in January 2014. My younger child is now 10 months old and I am still...

Recent questions on  Fatty liver

doctor1 MD

I am writing to you for my wife who is suffering from back and leg pain. She was diagnosed with disc prolapse and we got medical advise that the...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, I am male and my age is 31. I have an complete medical test by my insurance company this month. I got the following test results....

doctor1 MD

Hi dr,! I am 27 yrs old. I hav a 10 mnth old baby girl.During 7 th mnth of pregnancy I had increased sgot,sgpt levels which had settled soon after...

doctor1 MD

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific...

doctor1 MD

I did ultrasound , doctor found few cholesterol polyps in gallbladder and fatty acids in liver . So as per him it is not dangerous. Only thing I...

doctor1 MD

You can refer the above case of mine as i had already talk with you. Now i want to share some information. I had been getting pains under right...