Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Facial injury due to bike accident, skin peeling, black scar remains. Using mederma. How to lighten scar?

hello sir, i met with an bike accident 6-7 months back and face got rubbed on the road which cause skin removed. The injury is healed but black spot remained. Doctor from my locality suggested me to use medrema. After using medrema spot is lighten but it is still visible. please tell me how to remove this mark or at least make it less visible
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  3169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Unfortunately most scarring of the skin is permanent and often replaced with Keloid. There are generally two approaches to this problem one is surgical and the other is with a topical medicine. If the scarring is very deep-it is best to see a plastic surgeon to consider removal of the scar and possibly even a skin graft. Now days superficial laser treatment are also used with varying success, the availability and cost being their main drawback. Topical creams are generally combinations of Elastin, steroids and vitamin A or E . In my experience topical treatments may lighten the scar but will not remove them. Seeing as this is in your face I suggest you see a Plastic/cosmetic surgeon. I trust you find this helpful.
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor