Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Extreme pain, discomfort on walking, sharp ankle pain, achilles rupture. Surgery done, ultrasound shows calcification in soft tissues. Treatment?

hi i had an achillus rupture 15 months ago and was fixed by means of surgery. after recovery wich took more than 10 months i still suffer of extreme pain and discomfort when i walk. i walk with a limb and find it is difficult to climb stairs. i experience pain like a knife being stuck into my ankle when i walk. i went for a sonar two days ago and it was found that the achillus is stil in tact but that calcification in the soft tissue appears. can this be the reason for my discomfort and what will the treatment be? thank you
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
yes, if there is calcification it can cause severe pain and it has to be excised. I can also keep a pinch nerve in diagnosis. I would recommend you to show it to orthopaedic surgeon and get it examined. If pain is so severe that you are having too much discomfort then get it removed, this is the best option. Till that time you should take Pregabalin and Methylcobal tablet for pain relief.
Answered: Sat, 5 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor