Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Experiencing soreness and pain in ear. Took drops and salty rag. What can be done?

I have had an earache for 9 days now. It started off with soreness behind my ear (on the bone) and when I woke up the next morning, I had pain down in my ear. I have tried drops, hot salty rag, etc. I really don't have the pain so much now, but I can hardly hear out of my right ear now. It is muffled and just cracks and pops. What is this and what can do to help the problem?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
i think you have infected sinuses as in sinuse infection the post nasal drip falls in throat blocking the tubes ausing fluid in middle ear leading to pain
and if you neglect there are muffling of ear sounds
i think clear this episodeand get xray pns waters view to get confirmation and treatment permanently to prevent recurences
at this time ake metronidazole 20 mg bd for 10 days as it clears the sinuses fast
add antiallergic bd to decreasethe mucus secretion of sinuses
antacid tds
aply neomycin h ointment in nose bd
e water 2 drops at night in each nose
it may drain fluid from eustachian tubes
analgesic sos for pain
tab flunarazine 5mg night for decreasing tinnitus effect
can continue 3 week till you diagnose and treat accordingly
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor