Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Excruciating sharp chest pain, heart irregularities spurred by meth smoke, please help

Hi, Im 20 years old, around 190 lbs and have asthma . And, ive smoked meth plenty over the past few years on and off. never experienced this before: I have recently been smoking crystal meth a little too often. Ive been smoking off and on for a couple months now, the first month or so, I never experienced any painful side effects from the smoke. Starting around 2 weeks ago, whenever I take even the first hit of the smoke, the left side of my chest around my heart , and sometimes the direct center of my chest as well, get overcome with excruciatingly sharp pain. my heart beats irregularly and i feel very tired and weak as well. Its almost like i have to actually think about every breath i take, and inhale longer and deeper than normal. My lungs arent tight or inflamed, my throat isnt inflamed either. But when I dont think about the breathing, its almost like im not consiously aware that im even breathing at all, and my breaths get tiny and sporadic at best. I also feel a hard to describe feeling in the center of my chest, like in the back.. i want to say where my lungs would be. Its almost like what you feel when you breathe in cold air. i have asthma, and i know these feelings arent anything ive felt before. no constriction I can feel in lungs or throat. but just my chest. please help, is this bad
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1072
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
Please will someone help me out here.. its really hurting bad. Not sure whats going on
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
You may be having heart problem which needs immediate medical consultation. Do not waste time, reach a hospital right away where they will have to examine you and take an EKG / ECG.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
It may be a dangerous aortic aneurysm which can be fatal. Visit at your ER immediately. There's nothing you can do about it by yourself.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor