Does having dyspnea require consultation with a cardiologist?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Oct 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been having dyspnea, low energy for the past 6 months. My last ECG showed normal sinus rhythm low voltage QRS Borderline ECG. Should I see a cardiologist?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I reviewed carefully your uploaded ECG and would explain that in general it seems normal, besides a low QRS voltage and right- shifted QRS axis in the horizontal plane.

These ECG findings could be related to different possible causes: obesity, lung disorders, thyroid dysfunction, etc..

Coming to this point, I would recommend performing some tests:

- a cardiac ultrasound
- a chest X Ray study and pulmonary function tests
- complete blood count
- fasting glucose
- arterial blood gas analysis
- thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction.

So, consulting with your cardiologist is necessary to perform a cardiac ultrasound and exclude any cardiac issues.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri