Elbowed in the chest accidently. Pain above breast when coughing, sneezing or deep breathing. Any specific signs for deep bruise?

3 days ago I was elbowed in the chest while playing basketball. At the time it stung, but I was able to continue to play. Yesterday my chest, right above my breast, was really hurting...today the same. I iced it and that helped, but when I take a deep breath, sneeze or cough I have such pain! I'm not a complainer or one that runs to the doctor, but are there any specific signs I should be looking for if this is more than a deep bruise?
Tue, 21 May 2013