Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Eardrum burst, pulsating sensation, whooshing sound, constant undertone audible. What can help?

I burst me eardrum for the second time on the same side about two months ago (first time was when I was 3, now 16) and I have now noticed that quite regularly I can hear the woosh-woosh of my pulse on that side, which is driving me absolutely insane as it manages to undermine all noises around me and is a near constant undertone. It is particularly noticeable when trying to go to sleep. I also get pain on that side occasionally, especially when having headphones in, although I m not the kind of person to have my music loud and I tend to listen to softer music anyway. Will the pain and whooshing go away? What can I do to stop both?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you have tympanic membrane ruptured and all the symptoms you are facing is because of this..
for this you need to undergo a surgery, tympanoplaty..
see your ENT surgeon for this..
all the very best..
Answered: Mon, 22 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor