Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Ear infection, pain, squelching noise in ear. Treatment for symptoms?

I have had a ear infection 3 years ago. Ever since I have had terrible trouble with my ear. I seen a ENT doctor who said I had what looked like a little ball bearing in the year that was scaring but couldnt find anything wrong. Since then it goes very painfull at least for 1 week of a month. And I have like a squelching noise in it most of the time. I am 23 female.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  360
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

1. The most common cause for this is Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. The noise may be Tinnitus.

2. The Eustachian tube connects the nose to the middle ear and blockage or altered functioning of this tube may cause the above symptoms.

3. The first step will be to locate the cause of the ear drum scarring (Tympanosclerosis). Get your Pure Tone Audiograms (PTA)and Tympanogram (Impedance Audiogram or I/A) done.

4. You may follow up with the results of the investigations for further treatment options. In the meantime, try an OTC anti-allergic decongestants and regular steam inhalation through the nose and mouth.

Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor