Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Ear clogs up while chewing. Clogs while jaw or ear is touched. Relives when popped. Eustachian tube problem?

For 18 months my ear has been messed up. On two occasions it has gotten completely better for around 2-3 weeks. The symptoms are the following. When I stand straight up nothing is wrong with my ear, but if I eat and chew it clogs up. If I touch my jaw and push up on my jaw or touch behind my ear or inner ear in a light way it clogs. I can immediately pop my ear if I pull down on my ear while holding my nose and blowing. The worst symptom is at night. Even if I sleep on my healthy ear. Not the right, which is giving me problems. When I wake my ear is clogged, with slight pressure. I pop it 2-3 time and then I m fine. Is this a Eustachian tube problem? I would ve went to the doctor sooner, but it does get better after I pop it and stand up straight. I guess I just wanted it to heal. Thanks for any advice.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
it would be a good idea for you to meet the otorhinolaryngologist (ENT surgeon). However, low calcium blood levels could also lead to the log some rare times and blood calcium is worth being measure.
The ENT surgeon shall be in actual need here.
Thanks and best ragards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor