Does the following blood test report indicate chances of getting a heart attack or diabetes?

Hi, Im 26 female. I have recently done a blood test and it came up as: Cholesterol:4.1 mmol/L ( Triglyceride:0.8 mmol/L ( HDL Cholesterol:1.69 mmol/L ( 1.00 ) LDL cholesterol:2.0 mmol/L ( Chol/HDL Ratio:2.4 ( Comment:For established CVD risk (including diabetes) optimal levels are Cholesterol I didnt receive any calls from the nurse or the doctor, but seeing the results online worries me. Is that something serious? It says that I am at CVD risk.. Does that mean that I am going to get heart attack or diabetes?? Or am I still healthy??
Thu, 13 Sep 2018

Please note that disturbed lipid profile is one of the cause of heart disease. Raised lipids does not mean that person will get heart attack for sure in future. If heart arteries are normal or blood pressure and sugar are normal then why heart attack with raised lipid alone.

Raised lipids do not cause diabetes. Anyway avoid fast foods, sweets and fats. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Start morning or evening walk at moderate pace at least for 30 minutes daily. Get your lipid profile checked after 3 months. If still high then start Statin.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Varinder Joshi, General & Family Physician