What are the relationships of high BP, heart attack and diabetes ?

what are the relationships of high blood pressure , heart attack and diabetes ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
Deadly is the word ... if not taken proper care.

hello. my husband suffers high blood pressure, an insurance company don t want to life cover him as his reading was 196/100 (his meds were finished and he had to get more). I now feel like he s a walking heart attack and am worried sick. I don t know what his reading is whilst on meds, but know that the reading is much lower. He s 43, smokes about 10 cigarrettes a day and drinks socially. Am I being paranoid that he s going to suffer some sort of major heart attack soon or is he okay as long as he takes his meds?

My husband is Diabetic, high blood pressure , has diabetic Neuropathy , Sleep Apnea , and has had a heart attack a while back according to a recent ekg , Takes his med like he should. For the last several months when walking across the room or for no reason all of a sudden he becomes dizzy and nermerous times fell to the ground but when this happens his face is white as a ghost, his ears ring and his eyes bulge and he says he s trying not to pass out. Afterwards I check his sugar and blood pressure sitting and standing and they are good. What could be the cause.

My dad was taken to Hospital on christmas eve this year we have been told he took a massive stroke he is 76we are very concerned about his condition what are his chances of survival he has diabetas 2 and has high blood preasure and has a reasonable good heart although he has suffered 3 mild heart attacks lastchristmas after the stress of looking my mum who suffers with ms and eyndizema we are all carers and what support can we have for all concered yours truly ms joanne mccallion.

Recent questions on  Myocardial infarction

after echo test dr. advise me for angiography and ask when i got heart attack before then i went to hospital where echo and tmt are dione and found positive i am not interested in angiography they refer me metrolol 30mg, ecosprin 100mg, isosorbide mononitrate 20mg,crestor 10mg please advise me ; my heart health and can it be cure by any means

I have discovered yesterday that I am allergic to the generic wellbutrin....hives all over and taking benedryl. That I can deal with, however, I ve had chest pain pretty much nonstop. I have taken antiacids, but they don t help. I am not sure if a heart attack on a female (43) would go on so long. Had nausea as well. I had blood clots in my right lung in 07 that almost killed me. This happened a week after having jaw surgery. I ve was on blood thinners for a little over a year afterwards. How can a female tell the difference between bad indigestion and a heart attack?

I am a 63 year old male.15 years back I had heart attack and take regular medicines( B blockers,aspirine,diapatic,anti collastrol etc) also have regular moderate exercise.Now for the past 3 years I monitor my condition with annual check up with Ecco cardiogram,blood tests,Treadmil test,CT scan angiogram.All conditions are normal.No pain or discomfert with TMT modified bruce program.However I have 3 blocks in 3 arteries 80-90%,45-50% and 80%respectively.I am advised to under go coronary By pass surgery as a precaution and since my conditions are presently good.Is this the correct course of action or can I delay further or consider Non surgery CHELATION therapy.will this be better than BY pass and which doctor in chennai can do this.Thankyou

I am a 66 year old woman, healthy and fit before a Sudden Cardiac Arrest this year (April) CPR and defibrillation received and was resuscitated. How long will it take for the chest/ribs to repair/recover from the procedures? Stretching and turning...

I am 77 years Diabetic type 1 since 14 years under control with Amaryl 1 mg two in morning 1 in night Blood pressure since 16 yrs under control with Lipril 5 Two Tab a day I work normally and I have no impairment Since a month I am feeling...

I'm a 27 year old male. 7 days ago I was showering and not long before drank 3 tablespoons of salt in hot water (thought it was good for sore throats, later learned you're not supposed to drink it). During the shower my heart suddenly began...