Does taking Augmentin for infection on hand cause heavy flow in periods ?

i have recently been given Augmentin to clear an infection i got in my hand. I have been on this medication for 3 days now and yesterday was the 1st day i started havin period cramps and bleeding in the vaginal area. last nite around 5 o clock in the morning i bleed through my pad and my clothing! today i had surgery on my left hand. when i got home from surgery i took my normal dosage of augmentin of 500mg at 8pm then about a half hour ago i started gushing blood again from my vaginal area. is this normal?
Wed, 18 Jan 2012