Does scoliosis cause headaches and pain in the neck?

Hi, today I went to an orthopedic doctor because I’ve been having horrible neck pain that leads to migraines, and also I have a bad posture so I got my back x-rayed. They said I scoliosis but it’s very mild so I will have to go to physical therapy for 2-6 weeks to fix my posture. They didn’t say anything about my neck leading to migraines or really anything about my neck. Is the scoliosis causing my neck pain and headaches? Will the physical therapy stop my headaches and neck pain?
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your history, as you already consulted with orthopedician, and diagnosed as mild scoliosis,, so you continue with physiotherapy, that will help you. Mild scoliosis may be due to improper posture, so correct it. And it may cause neck pain and headache. so it will go after physiotherapy. Take care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale