Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
125 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Does my ultrasound report suggest cancer?

Hi just wanted to see what your thoughts were on some of the things mentioned in my recent ultrasound report. They were; Endometrial stripe on the trasvaginal images measures up to 17.5mm which is prominent. There is suggestion that the endometrium is extending into the myometrium on the anterior mid-aspect.Loss of endometrium myometrial junction can be seen in association with Adenomyosis however other possibilities exist including endometrial hyperplasia or endometrial carcinoma. Recommend MRI of the pelvis to further assess.......As yet I have not had my MRI, but the doctor didnt' really go into the other 2 raised possibilities she just mostly talked about the Adenomyosis. But I am concerned about the other as I looked them up and they can lead to or are cancer. There was more to the report but I just listed the main findings etc
Mon, 10 Nov 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to Health care magic.
1.For me with your explanation feels like its adenomyosis / hyperplasia.
2.So not to worry much.
3.If it was a cancer your report would have described a mass, and an biopsy would have been ordered.
4.So i feel - not to worry. Hope it helps you.

Anything to ask ? do not hesitate. Thank you.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Oncologist, Surgical Dr. R. Sivaprakash's  Response
hi. you age is important in this scenario. if more than 40 years, hyperyrensive, diabetic, obese, you have more chances of it being cancer. you should undergo endometrial biopsy done as soon as possible even at any age with this report. thickness of 17.5 mm is really high n invasion to myometrium not a good sign. if you are postmenopausal it is endometrial cancer unless otherwise proven. so please see a gynec oncologist or good gynecologist for biopsy and discuss with an oncologist with biopsy report. or else u can discuss with me via mail.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My father is 71+, In the year ongoing a regular check up test in ultrasound we founf that his nrt kidney is 61mm and lft kidney is normal in size ....

Recent questions on  Endometrial cancer

doctor1 MD

I just found what I think is bleeding from my vagina. It s light, but new blood. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2006 (still have both ovaries) and...

doctor1 MD

Hi I have advanced stage 4 breast cancer. the cancer s her2 oncologist gave me Herceptin but that didn t stop my periods or stop my...

doctor1 MD

I had a total hysterectomy as treatment for uterine cancer. A week after the surgery I was readmitted to hospital for what was eventually diagnosed...

doctor1 MD

i am post menopausal for 2 years. I was bleeding for 1 week. I have a 1.5 cm hypoechoic right ovary cystic lesion. . I am 55 years old and very...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I’m a difficult case. I’m 53, unsure about menopause because I was bleeding daily for a few months. My regular gynecologist could not do a pap...

doctor1 MD

53 years old, no period for 3 1/2 years, last pap in 8/2016 was okay, history of uterine fibroids. Wiped self earlier and had ever so light pink on...

doctor1 MD

Hi i am 45 years old . Have severe pain in lower back and at the pelvic area during my periods. Also have heavy bleeding. What care do i take to...