Do people usualy survive from comas and being on life support machines ?

do people usualy survive from comas and being on life support machines ? my friend who is 14 she had a hysterectomy operation and now is in a coma and on that life support machine thing my friend who is 14 she had a hysterectomy operation and now is in a coma and on that life support machine thing and so far she has been on it for 2 days and today they are doing a test that takes over 13 hours long and if she fails then they switch the life support thing off :S :(
Sun, 13 Dec 2009