Owl Image

What causes body tremors in an alcoholic?

Owl Image
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Question
My son is 46, alcoholic, is now visibally shaking feels poor all over ?
Fri, 8 Dec 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

This is likely severe alcohol withdrawal. Your son needs to be taken to an ER immediately, as shaking can precede seizures, coma, and death.

Please rate and close your answer when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers