What causes body tremors in an alcoholic?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
This is likely severe alcohol withdrawal. Your son needs to be taken to an ER immediately, as shaking can precede seizures, coma, and death.
Please rate and close your answer when you are finished and satisfied.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes anemia and tremors
- What causes sudden body tremors
- What causes nausea and body tremors
- Causes for body tremors
- What is the cause of tremors in chest
- What could cause tremors all over the body
- What causes tremors in high altitude
- What causes tremor during pregnancy
- What causes familial tremors
- What causes body tremors