Do hormonal IUDs cause blood clots?

Hello. I ve been having terrible cramps and shots of pain in my upper right quadrant for about a week now. i went to get it checked because the pain became unbearable and after a few scans they told me i had a blood clot in my lung. i then waited 4 more hours just for them to tell me it dissolved and to go home. its been 3 days since then and im still experiencing excruiciating pain and ive been gaining weight like crazy im heavier than ive ever been in my life. also im not sure if this could have anything to do with it but i have a kyleena IUD and im currenting having an abnormally long period (its been a month). Thank you for taking the time to read this im just wondering if i should be concerned!!
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

Even though rare, there is evidence that Levonorgestrel releasing IUD like Kyleena can cause blood clots (Venous thromboembolism).

Since you developed blood clots while on the IUD, it is best to follow up with your OB-GYN to remove the IUD and switch to non-hormonal birth control like condoms, tubal ligation, vasectomy etc depending on your preference.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.