Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Dislocated knee cap, movable, swelling. No MRI done. Treatment?

so i was playing basketball and went up for a reverse layup while leaving the ground my knee felt strange while in the air i felt my knee shift side to side however when i went to the emergency room they said my knee was held in place no mri was admininsterd. its been 2 weeks and my right knee is still double the size of my left walking makes me hesitate and when my knee goes left it hurts what could this be
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

This could be a mild ligament injury which may be causing this feeling of instability. I recommend you let an Orthopedician have a look at your MRI as trivial ligament injuries like ACL tear may be missed easli by Doctors in a busy Emergency Room.

You can apply a knee brace for now. Avoid playing for a while. Get your Orthopedic consult as soon as possible.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor