Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Discomfort in ear after listening to loud music, irritation and pain in ear drum. Help

About 4 days back I had put in my headphone to my ear not realizing that music was playing at a very high volume. I immediately reduced the volume, then I felt some discomfort in my left ear. Now even after 4 days I feel a sense of irritation and pain in my left ear toward the ear-drum area. I have not tried anything hoping that it would get better in some time. I have no history of any ear problems Read more at WWW.WWWW.WW
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  795
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
There is a chance that you may have a torn ear drum,
Traumatic injuries of the drum usually heal well. So nothing to worry.
See an ENT specialist to rule out rupture.
Till then keep your ears dry and do not probe your ear.
Regards, Dr Kishori.
Answered: Mon, 23 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor