Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Dilated Renal Pelvic

I had to go see a Genetic specialist due to my blood work testing positive for Down Syndrome.. I had a 1 and 42 chance.. I went yesterday for a level 2 ultrasound. All they found was Dilation Renal Pelvic. It has changed my chances to 1 and 20. Beings that was the only marker they found does it mean my baby boy will have downs?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Dilated renal pelvis could be due to possible hydronephrosis or otherwise incidental finding. You should consult your Urologist to evaluate for any kidney stone. You should get Genetic counselling for your husband as well to know chances of Down's in your child.
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor