Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Difficulty in moving eye ball towards right, pricking pain. What is the remedy?

Hi, 1 month back I happened to feel that something got into my eye and I tried to rupture it a lot to remove the foreign body . I have a pricking sensation on the right side of my eye. I did consult a doctor (Vasan Eye care) and the doctor confirmed that there isn t any foreign body. But I just cant turn my eye ball towards right. It pricks badly. Can you please guide or suggest what can be done with this problem?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Srurhi, If your pricking sensation still persist even after a month of removal of FB then some portion of it may still be left. Secondly a thorough search of the FB should be made on slit lamp by everting the lids and staining the cornea to know if its rubbing onto it.Some of insect hair, exoskeleton, small glass piece are very difficult to locate unless someone make s thorough search. Since it is almost a month ,there are high chances of it forming a FB granuloma which also causes pricking sensation in eyes.So I would advise you to visit your nearest ophthalmologist once again and tell about your problem if it is haunting you on daily basis....TC...Dr Ajay Shankar Kar, cornea consultant, Sankar foundation eye hospital,Vizag.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor