Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with staphylococcus aureus. Sulfamethoxazole not working. Which medication should I try for permanent cure?

I was diagnosed recently with staphylococcus aureus after four years of misdiagnosis. I was told I had asthma and brochitis and pneumonia and everything else in between. I had surgery four years ago and when I came out of the hospital I was sick and have not received and medication that can cure it. I was given some medicine for a fungal and it helped but then the symptoms returned. I was recently given sulfamethoxazole-tmp and it didnt work. I just wanted to know what medicine is the medicine that I should be taking to help me get over this? any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sat, 28 Dec 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi staph aurues infection can be treated with procaine pencillin or azithromycin or vancomycin .methacillin resistant staph aureus can be treated with vancomycin or imepanam or rifampicin.usually encillin group antibiotics are used for permanent cure
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor