Can mistake with IV cause death?

My mom had a scheduled colon resection 3 weeks ago, her heart stopped while she slept the second night after. Her heart was started again but she was brain dead and died the next day. There were many mistakes myself and my sisters witnessed over the first 24-30 hrs after sugery and before her heart initially stopped. 1. Was blood in her urine 2. Her iv blew, & it was probably an hr before the nurse redid her iv. 3 she was not made to walk until nearly 24 hrs after surgery, although the dr said he likes his patients to within 6-8 hrs
How do we know if medical error or negligence led to her death?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018