Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with scoliosis and IBS. Lump in the rectum. Any medication to shrink the lump?

I found out in June 2012 I have scoliosis - which is hereditary. I am working to alleviate this condition. Be fore this was discovered I was told by many doctors I had IBS . The pain was so severe I strained having bowel movements and consequently have an anal skin tag and the lump just right inside my rectum . Am sensitive to hydrocortisone and zinc - is there an OTC medication that will shrink this excess flesh so I can get on with my life. I have seen many doctors and no one wants to remove the skin tag and excess skin.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
if you can find the cause of ibs you can get it shrinked
the new defination of ibs is chronic irritration 0f gi mucosa b one or more of common food we take
get blood serum tests for specific antibodies of milk wheat potato chana rice nuts egg and common food we take withdraw them and after few wk you can be benefited
along with start 2.5 mg once a week dose of methotrextate for 6 months and local applicants to shrink the lumps
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor