Suggest treatment for warts on the neck and armpits
need to attach a picture
Thanks for posting your query,
I have read through your query and from the description you have provided, you have two possibilities:
- it may be an acrochordon or also known as skin tags
- it may be viral warts
It would be better if you could attach a pic of the affected areas, so that I am able to guide you through the proper line of management.
You can upload the pic from the upload link seen on the top right side or you can also choose to upload it to YYYY@YYYY with attention to Dr. Remy.
Also brief on the following details:
- how long has it been since you had them?
- have you noticed any recent change in size or bleeding while probing?
- is the surface smooth or rough?
Kindly revert back with your answers,
It has been many years now
No bleeding I guess
It's smooth doesn't affect my scratching or anything else
Thanks for writing back,
From your description, it seems like acrochordons or skin tags. These are just skin extensions which appear pedunculated. It can be skin coloured or hyperpigmented.
Please try to forward the pictures of the affected areas for a more clearer idea.
Meanwhile, I would suggest you to following solutions:
- Home remedies: apply a paste of garlic over the affected areas and if possible, tie a gauze around it, you can wash it off the next day or when you bath.
- other options include cauterization, liquid nitrogen therapy, chemical peeling.
- you can also try using ointments containing salicylic acid over the affected areas, which will eventually get rid of them. But you are required to use them only under medical supervision.
Hope this helps
Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close and give your feedback.
requires a photograph for further management
Thanks for the follow up,
Yes, I would surely help you with the ointment name, but it would be for your best if you could provide me with the pictures that I had asked for earlier.
Kindly revert back soon,
I was able to view the attached pic now only, though it was not clear enough, but it looks like skin tags only.
For this I would suggest you to use Saliderm ointment of 6% concentration only over the protrusions twice daily. You will be able to see the changes only in a month's time.
There is also an effective alternative SALEX-H which is a fluid based medicine, which I would suggest you consider only if the above does not work. This is a more concentrated one. This should be used only once in a day, only over the protrusions and not on the healthy skin.
Hop I have answered you query,
Keep me posted on the further outcomes
Please revert back for any further queries or else kindly close and give your feedback.
May use cotton
Thanks for writing back,
You may consider using a cotton for applying saliderm ointment, although using fingertips does not do any harm. Just be sure to wash your hands after.
Salex-H comes with an applicator brush, which you can use accordingly.
Wear loose fitting clothes so that it does not stick onto the dress. There is no need to massage into the skin, just applying topically is enough. Make sure to cover the base of the protrusion taking care not to touch on nearby healthy skin.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Wart on the neck dull skin gastric problems constipation treatment
- What treatment is suggested for wart of shaft of penis
- Suggest treatment for warts on hand
- Is wart off treatment used in the treatment of subungual warts ?
- Suggest treatment for palmar warts
- Oral treatment for warts
- Is wart off treatment used in the treatment of flat warts ?
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- Suggest treatment for itcy skin warts
- Treatment of anul warts
- Suggest remedies for severe cough
- How long does Amoxicillin take to show effect?
- What causes weakness and tingling sensation in the legs?
- Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating and discomfort
- What causes headache and excessive burping after skipping a meal?
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What causes mild pain in the ankle while walking?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking a contraceptive pill?
- What does this blood test report indicate?