What causes tiny skin tags in the neck area?

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I keep getting these extra skin growths around my neck. please suggest a treatment.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin tags

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM...

After seeing photo,I am sure that you suffer from skin tags. I would like to share knowledge with you about skin tags.

Skin tags are acquired benign skin growths that look like a small, soft balloons of hanging skin. Skin tags are harmless growths that can vary in number from one to hundreds. Males and females are equally prone to developing skin tags. Obesity is associated with skin tag development. Although some skin tags may fall off spontaneously, most persist once formed. The medical name for skin tag is acrochordon.

You consult the dermatologist to have perfect treatment. I would recommend electrocautery to remove the skin tags. It is an OPD procedure done under local anaesthesia. Other method to treat is cryotherapy..

There is no need to worry at all. You may go for electrocautery procedure after consulting the nearby dermatologist.

I hope this would be helpful to you.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T