Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with fibrolipoma. Treatment?

Hello. I am 25 years old and I have been diagnosed with Fibrolipoma on my breast about 1 week ago. Now I would like to know how dangerous is this, does this make me more disposable to cancer, and what do you suggest as a treatment for this situation? I mean do you prefer medical surgery or? Thank you in a forward for helping my because I am very worried.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  869
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to her about your problem. A fibroadenoma is a benign lump in the breast which is very common in your age group and it does not increase the chances of cancer. Sometimes the lump disappears on its own but if it is more than 2-3 cms and causing you trouble, it is best to get it surgically removed.
Surgical removal can either be done by open surgery or my mammotome guided excision (which is scar-less surgery).
You should consult a breast surgeon for your problem.

Rohan Khandelwal
Breast Surgeon
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor