Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus by color doppler scan. Will I be able to conceive?

Hi, I am married since 1 year. I am diagnosed with bicornuate uterus (with single cervix ) by color doppler scan by the gynecologist? I have not get conceived yet. Is there any difficulties to get conceive with bicornuate uterus? What will I do to get conceive? What are the treatment plans available to treat this?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi! A bicornuate uterus may be an incidental finding alone, and may or may not have an impact on fertility, though the chance of miscarriage can be increased. You should get your tubal patency test done to check if both the horns are communicating and open. No surgery should be done for a bicornuate uterus unless there is a history of recurrent miscarriage or there is some other strong clinical indication for surgery.
Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor