Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed interstitial cystitis. Advised cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Suggest

My urologist wants to do a cystoscopy with hydrodistention. I have been having an increase in pain and complications from my interstitial cystitis. I am concerned about the distention as I know it is not used much anymore because of the increase in pain and discomfort. I would prefer a simple cystoscopy, but she doesn't think I can handle holding water in my bladder for a minute or two. What do you think?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for your query.

cystoscoopy with hydrodistension is a diagnostic and therapuetic investigation for interstitial cystitis.
Many people with IC have noted an improvement in symptoms after a bladder distention has been done to diagnose the some cases it may increase capacity and interfere with pain signals transmitted by nerves in the bladder. Symptoms may temporarily worsen 4 to 48 hours after distention, but should return to predistention levels or improve within 2 to 4 week

hence i recommend you discuss this procedure with your urologist and clear your doubts.doing this procedure will definately help you

thank you,
wishing you good health
Answered: Thu, 20 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor