Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Diabetes with hypertension. History of open heart surgery. How to get rid of the alcohol addiction?

Hi My dad is very badly addicted to alcohol. Some 12 yrs back he him self had a will to quit alcohol and was treated in on of the rehabilitation center, he was only able to quit it only for 3yrs, now is back to square. He is about 65yrs, with complains of B.P and diabetics, early in his 50s he had under gone open heart surgery. Now some times has a will to stop drinking. But he is not able to. Day by day his condition is worst. He loses his control over him. Please I need your help regarding this problem. Can he be treated again. Thanks, Priya
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Alcohol dependence is mainly psychological & less physical means if patient has strong will to leave it only then he would.And also family & friends support is require. For it you should go to rehabilitation center or good psychiatrist because it is a step by step process with strict monitoring of vitals.
Answered: Fri, 6 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor