What causes pain and tingling sensation in the feet?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 8 Dec 2017 in General Health
Question: My feet have started feeling hot and mild tingling from time to time, notice it most when sitting, also slight tingling in hands when sitting. no loss of sleep just started the first of this week.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
possible neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.

Your symptoms may just be temporary signs of vasoconstriction or nerve irritation but if this persist or worsen then it may indicate certain disordres such as neuropathy or circulation issue.
Neuropathy may be caused by diabetes so you should first check your blood sugar. Other causes include alcohol abuse, or spinal cord compression or hypovitaminosis (lack of vitamin D,calcium or magnesium).

You should take calcium supplements and check blood sugar. If there is no improvement, you need to do Doppler ultrasound of the leg or CT angiography to rule out such obstructive changes.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T