Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Depression, insecurity due to improper body shape, disinterest in work. How can I overcome this?

Hello doctor, i am really insecure about my self, i mean if im not perfect ( bodyshape, haircut, clothes, social acceptable, many friends etc ) i am slowly getting into a somekind of depression that leads to stay home the whole time and dont feel to do anything. My motivation goes away day per day and i dont answer my friends call or family so its getting worse by the time. What i should do ?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Some people are overconcerned about their body that something is not perfect, we call this body dysmorphophobia.its difficult to reassure them that nothing is wrong with them.This in turn may lead to sad mood,preoccupation about it,social avoidance ,etc.subsequent depression may also develop.its better to consult a psychiatrist who may give you cognitive behaviour therapy that changes the way you look at things.if need be ,mild antidepressants can also be started.remember nobodys perfect.
Answered: Mon, 27 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor