Dark patch on knuckle, not itchy, same odor as rest of foot, scaly. Causes and treatment?

My right big toe has a darker patch on the knuckle. it s not particularly itchy and doesn t smell any different to the rest of the foot . slightly scaly , enough to make the crease in the knuckle more exaggerated than on the left foot. I ve had it for quite a few years but, whilst I used to rollerblade a lot, I wouldn t say I lead a lifestyle that lends itself to serious activity directed towards one foot. my thoughts were that it could be from driving as I havn t been driving for more than 7 years What is this?
Wed, 23 Oct 2013