Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Creatinine levels checked, high BP, reduced kidney size. What is the treatment?

Hello Doctor, My husband age is 29yrs, height 5.8 . Recently we came to know that his creatinine level is 3.1. The doctor we consulted said that it is due to high BP . His BP earlier was 140\80 but now after under medication it remains normal. The size of both the kidneys has also reduced. Rk 8.6 and LK8.8. Please suggest the further course of treatment and also please tell me how severe or how risky is his condition. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
From the description it looks like your husband is suffering from chronic kidney disease of moderate degree. Further treatment would be aimed at preventing the progression of the disease.
You should see a nephrologist who can guide you and keep a regular follow up.
There are no immediate risks as such but life long care is required.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor